Sunday, January 18, 2009

Rank I

Here's another facet of my busy life. I am working on finishing my Rank I degree. Those who may not be familiar with that term, Rank I in the world of Kentucky Teaching Certification is the next pay rank above the Master's Degree. When a teacher in Kentucky has just a bachelor's he/she is considered Rank III, then with a Master's Rank II. A Rank I is the next level which requires some form of continuing education through 30 more college hours or obtaining National Board Certification. I decided to go ahead and go the route of the college hours, which I will finish this coming May through Western Kentucky University, and finally reach the next pay level. My Rank I will be in... I bet you can't guess.... Educational Technology, what else? This semester, I am actually completing a practicum. However, this practicum for me is my normal every day job thankfully so it should not be too bad.


I will be happy to finally be finished with classes for a while.


I hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend if you get the day off tomorrow.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment