Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Personal Catch Up & Random Rambling

I've spent the last few posts talking about different aspects and tools of my job and we will get back to that soon. I just wanted to take the opportunity to catch up on what is going on in other areas!

Things have calmed down since the ice storm and the high winds that came through the week after. All my family members finally got power. Remember my sister and her husband way out in the Caneyville, Kentucky woods? They only got their power back last Thursday, Feb. 12th. Keep in mind that the ice came on like January 27th.

I enjoyed visiting with some friends from my former church tonight. It's always nice to see my "second set of parents!" They remind me a lot of my parents and are always very nice and fun to be around. I am, though, settling into and enjoying attending the new church I've been going to. I've been attending Little Flock in Shepherdsville since last April. I enjoy the upbeat music and nice people I have met there!

I'm also staying busy with work as you can see in my other posts. It's the time of year when we start looking ahead to and planning for the new year. Regarding the budget cut issue, we are hoping it will not affect us as we work on renewing our grant and anticipate money for the school district from the state will not be in jeopardy.

I just realized and remembered that my niece Chelsea will turn 6 next week. She was born not quite a year after I moved back here after my marriage separation and ended up in Bullitt County. It doesn't seem like I've been here that long and it definitely doesn't seem like little "Chelsea bug" should SIX!!

February is always a busy month with work and we are slowly but surely making it through. I am definitely ready for spring weather.

Have a great Evening!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment