Saturday, June 13, 2009

Wordle

Yesterday I talked about our upcoming state KYSTE conference (www.kyste.org/conference) and shared the description of the session that my co-worker and I are presenting on the use of the eInstruction clickers for day to day instruction.

Today I am playing around with a cool site called Wordle (www.wordle.net). Wordle allows you to take a passage of text and arrange the words randomly with the keywords being highlighted. A wordle is a nice introduction to a lesson or an ending to a lesson in order to summarize key points. Very visually engaging for students.

Here is the Wordle I created for my KYSTE presentation: (Click on the small image to see larger version.)

Wordle: KYSTE Presentation

Give Wordle a try for something that you might be planning whether it be a lesson for your students or a presentation for your peers.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment